ONU Homecoming

This weekend was Ohio Northern University's homecoming! This is a weekend when alumni come back to the university for festivities and to catch up with each other and their previous professors. It is by far one of the best weekends to be on campus. To add to the celebration of homecoming weekend, I live-tweeted the homecoming parade! This took place Saturday morning at 10:30 and lasted until about 11. I went with friends and got to watch my two roommates play and march for the ONU band in the parade. It was a good experience and I had a lot of fun live tweeting the event. The parade started off with the Ada Police Department and Fire Department and was followed by the band, and all kinds of school organizations as well as the homecoming court and sororities and fraternities. Some campus organizations were also throwing candy as they went. It was like the Harvest and Herb Festival parade, except it was more tailored to just the university and not the village of Ada. One of my friends is a 4 paws for disability handler and had their dog, Chimichanga, with them. My favorite part was all the people in the parade who were saying hello to Chimichanga and of course he didn't complain. If you want to check out all the details of the live tweeting plus pictures and videos of the parade, check it out here on my Twitter. If you're from Twitter and reading this recap, comment what you thought of the parade and was your favorite part/float?

Comments

  1. I also live-tweeted the homecoming parade! I passed you when walking down Main Street! My favorite part of the parade was seeing my best friend Emma, who is an alumni, run into the parade to reconnect with one of our friends. It was such a sweet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also live tweeted the homecoming parade and game. It was fun but I have to admit I still don't know what was happening I don't understand the rules. It's a tricky game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts