My First EDM Concert Experience

On Tuesday night I ended up going to Columbus with my boyfriend, Bryan, for a concert. Bryan is super into in Zedd, who is an EDM artist, so of course he wanted to go to the concert and asked if I would want to tag along. Even though it's not my music type, I agreed and since Zedd's music is more mainstream than most EDM artist I had heard quite a few of his songs/remixes. We set off for Columbus at 4 p.m. since the concert started at 6:30 p.m. The concert was at Express! Live, which is a venue I've been to many times for other shows; however, since there are a lot of lasers and fog the show was held at the inside location of Express. All the shows I had been to at this venue where outside in the amphitheater, so it was a new experience for me all together. We ended up being the first people in line for the show. It was a pretty intimate show, not a lot of people were there, but it was so much fun! Since I had never been to a show like that, I didn't really know what to expect. The lasers were so cool and Zedd was in this contraption that spun while he was in it. I'll attach pictures below, but the tour is called the Orbit tour so it makes since. This was also the first concert I had been at in which was 21 so I did have a couple drinks. The staff worker who checked my ID when I was getting my wrist band actually thought my ID was fake and asked me when my birthday was and to be honest I looked at him like he was joking for a second (I almost pulled out my birthday blog post to prove it was a real ID). The concert was great though and I left feeling like I was deaf, which in my terms is good thing for a concert. If you've ever thought about or wanted to go to and EDM concert, especially if it's Zedd, I would highly recommend it.

Right as Zedd was coming out to start.

This is the contraption in movement.

Comments

Popular Posts