Ranking my Favorite B&BW Candles

So, as we know it is officially fall (although sometimes it still feels like summer), which means it finally time to be cozy and drink hot chocolate while lounging around inside. For me, this also means lighting a lot of candles, mainly ones from Bath and Body Works. I might have a slight addiction, but it's fine and we're not going to talk about it. What we are going to talk about is my favorite candles from Bath and Body Works because I just ordered two more that I certainly do not need.

1. Mahogany Teakwood

Of course, coming in at number one, is Mahogany Teakwood. The fragrance notes in this one are rich mahogany, black teakwood, dark oak, and frosted lavender. This is what I like to call a more 'masculine' smell. It is very outdoorsy and almost musky you could say. It really makes me feel calm and relaxed, which is probably due to the lavender in it. 

2. Pink Petal Tea Cake

Okay I know this is a huge difference between the first one, but this is my favorite limited-edition candle that Bath and Body Works has come out with. This was released years ago, and they no longer sell it, but I have yet to use this one completely and often only light it on special occasions because I love it that much. Unfortunately, since it was limited edition, I don't feel right putting it at number because you can't really find it anywhere without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. The notes in this one are pink rose petals, pound cake, and vanilla glaze. It has a light and sweet floral scent, and it makes me feel like I am walking down a busy London street during Christmas time and I can smell a bakery nearby that just put out fresh pastries. It is a magical experience. I think a good dope for this one could be the Aromatherapy Love candle that is rose and vanilla. 

3. Peppermint Marshmallow

Peppermint Marshmallow is kind of like opening Christmas in a jar. It's so minty and sweet and I love it. I really like musky and sweet-scented candles. It truly shows the two different sides of me. I think peppermint is one of my favorite scents in general because of the calming characteristics. It also wakes me up. The notes in this candle are crushed peppermint, fluffy marshmallows, and powdered sugar. What more could you ask for?

4. Sweater Weather
This is an original Bath and Body Works fall scent that I just recently found out I love. This one goes back to mahogany teakwood and being very outdoorsy and almost musky. It basically smells like a stereotypical boy smell. Which I tend to like and be drawn to. Now if only men could actually smell like this... It really reminds me of Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter, for whatever reason. The notes in this one are fresh sage, juniper berry, aromatic eucalyptus, and fresh woods. It really does make it feel like sweater weather. 

5. Champagne Toast
Good old Champagne Toast. This is one that happens to be more subtle, kind of like Pink Petal Tea Cake. This has that effect of something carbonated. You know when you can just tell that something is carbonated? This candle does that. The notes for this one are bubbly champagne, sparkling berries, and juicy tangerine. It is a very light and refreshing scent and I enjoy a lot in the spring and summer. 

So there it is. My ranking of my top five favorite (right now) Bath and Body Works candles. I would say I tend to stick to similar scents although it does change every now and then when I find a new candle I like.



Comments

  1. Mahogany Teakwood is my favorite Bath & Body Works scent EVER! I agree - it smells very manly, which is great when you don't have a man. I currently have the Mahogany Teakwood foaming hand soap and I love the scent, but I think it dries my hands out. I used to have the candle, but it burned out, so I definitely need to get a new one ASAP! I love pretty much all of their pumpkin candles, so now I'm tempted to stock up for fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts