Analyzing Audiences

Since I managed to somehow get ahead in readings, this week I am taking a look at Chapter 8 in "Social Media for Strategic Communication" which is all about segregating and analyzing your audiences. This is something I have never heard of before. There were a lot of terms in this chapter that were new to me. Some terms include omnichannel approach, mirco-influencers and influencer marketing. I think the most helpful tips overall from this chapter is the table in which has all the differences between influencers, creators, ambassadors, and trolls/haters. I think it's very intriguing mainly because it allows me to see the difference between ambassadors and influencers, which I never knew there was a difference. The main difference is that with influencers brand are in control of the relationship for brand voice and ambassadors are in control of their participation. Also, they both get paid endorsements, which makes me want to try and become an ambassador for a brand. I never knew ambassador could get paid endorsements, I always thought they got products in return for promotion of said products. In all I found this chapter to be one of the most educational chapters for myself because it taught me a lot of terminology.

Comments

Popular Posts