Twitter Takes Organization to a New Level

Can you tell that I am a huge twitter user? I promise I will try to branch out to other social media platforms in next few weeks, but I just couldn't let this go. Twitter is introducing yet another feature, but this time on a more private level. This update has to do with all your direct messages. according to an article on socialmediatoday (you can find it here) twitter is rolling out a new option that would allow users to easily find tweets, images and links that have been shared within your direct messages.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see this feature. Maybe it's because it satisfies my need to have more organization in my life but imagine how much simpler that would make things. I share a lot of tweets with my friends through direct message on Twitter. I can't list the amount of times I have sent someone a post and then a few weeks later wanted to share it with another person and have no idea where it is in my messages. I'm excited about this! Now if only Instagram could do something similar, which I'm sure won't be long after. The article also mentions there's been an obvious push on twitter recently to increase direct message usage, which may also hint at more future messaging options and tools. Maybe Twitter will start to jump on the bandwagon that Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat are on? Who knows? I wouldn't say I would be upset if they did, but I do hope they introduce more of these different features.

Image source:https://www.socialmediatoday.com/user_media/diveimage/twitter_shared_content_in_dms.png

Comments

Popular Posts