A Week of Firsts

This week has been a week of firsts! So far at least. I finished my first project for my relief printing class (relief printing is when you crave out images on slabs of rubber, wood, linoleum etc. and then use a roller to ink the slab and press it on a sheet of paper to reveal an image). We had to create a self portrait, so you can imagine how that went. . . . Nonetheless I now have an idea of what it is like to work with this style of art and it is definitely something I will have to get used to. I'm also a graphic design major so any kind of traditional art is a bit of a struggle for me.



Along with this, I had my first supervising shift of the year! It went smoothly, other than the fact that my boss and I had to take about 15 minutes to try and figure out why the link for the calling center program was not working. The night calling shifts are not what I'm worried about however, it's the office shifts when I actually have to be printing and organizing things to go out to the donors. That will happen on Thursday.

Speaking of Thursday, there's another first happening then. That would be making a podcast. I cannot wait to do this because a friend of mine and I have an idea to start a podcast in the future. It may be done by the time this is posted depending on when I schedule it. I'm excited to get a little feel for making podcasts though. I know this is only a five minute one, but it still shows how difficult it can be to think of, record and edit a podcast.


Comments

  1. I was able to see your relief print first hand and I loved your work! I loved the movement within the print! Your style is very unique and frankly I'm a fan. And like Melissa said, I love your facial expression you had in the print! You are not alone when it comes to struggling with traditional media. I've always been mediocre with it but I have never been amazing or anything. We can struggle together this semester haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing artist! I would like to study graphic design because of your post. I hope, you will tell us more about your major and other styles of art in the future! What would you recommend to read or listen to know more about modern art?
    Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts