Six Ways to be Productive in Your Free Time

This past week has been rather calm and slow for me, as my classes are in between projects and/or middle of projects. While I'm still doing work, it's less than I am used to. I've had quite a bit of free time due to this, which is unusual. In this time, I feel that I have been not the most productive. Since I seem to be on a list kick right now, here's a list of six ways to be and feel more productive in your free time.

1. Join a new organization. There are plenty of organizations on campus that meet every day, so go searching and find one that interests you! Even if you don't plan on being a part of it after the first meeting, it'll be a good way to spend your time without making you feel super unproductive.

2.  Do chores. This might sound weird, but when I have free time I often clean. Since I live in an apartment on campus this year there is always something that needs cleaned. Plus, one of my roommates is a handler for Polar Paws, a campus organization in association with 4 Paws for Ability that allows college students to train future service dogs, so there's an abundance of fur.

3. Get ahead on assignments. This might be the last thing you want to do but being prepared is always a good thing. Plus, it gives you plenty of time to go back and edit to make it better or fix any mistakes.

4. Go grocery shopping. Since most people don't want to eat the university cafeteria lunch, unless you're a freshman, I suggest always having snacks on hand or food that is easy to make. If you live in apartments on campus or have a place off campus, get groceries for full meals for the week.

5. Meal prep. This is another activity that most people don't like to do, but meal prepping can be super helpful! It can save a lot of time in the long run so you're not cooking every night. It also makes it so much easier if you're trying to stay in shape.

6. Clean out your email inbox. This is something I should do. I often don't pay attention to emails unless they directly are to me. My university sends out so many emails per day I feel like I never have time to go through them all. This is a great thing to do in your spare, especially if you're like me.

Hopefully these ideas are helpful for those who hate to feel unproductive when they don't have much work, and if they don't help there's always Netflix

Comments

  1. I feel like when I don't have a lot going on I either participate in a lot of busy work or I'm laying in bed or the couch watching Netflix. There is no in between. Usually when I get bored I clean. It's this weird thing that I do & most people agree. I'll clean the whole house, top to bottom without complaint. I actually find it really relaxing and it helps me setting any stress I am feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list honestly is amazing. This should be shared everywhere. I find myself so bored sometimes and just need a list to get me motivated, and I feel like this would for sure. Thank you so much for sharing! Sometimes Netflix runs out of good tv shows so now I can use this list when I feel very unproductive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great advice!
    I like your point about doing household chores because sometimes my mind becomes clearer when I do the cleaning in my room or just on the desk. I suppose, getting ahead on assignments is the most difficult thing as I lose my motivation quickly if I know there is a lot of time till deadline, but maybe I'll try it someday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts