Twitter Introduces Swipeable List Feeds

Twitter has released a new update for iOS users. The update features lists, a tool that will allow users to follow certain discussions closer. Users will be able to pin up to five of their lists to appear as swipeable feeds from their timeline. While this feature has long been underrated, it seems as though users may begin to pay attention to it now.

Personally, I think this is a neat idea. I don't currently use the list feature, but I would love to start. It's convenient for users to be able to simply swipe over to certain lists and keep up to date with organizations, sports team, TV shows etc. instead of having to manually go to their list or search for the content. I can see this being a big hit, especially with people who watch reality TV shows like the Bachelor/Bachelorette or like to keep up to date on their favorite sports team. I'm interested to see how it goes and how Twitter chooses to adapt it in the future.

This could present some downsides as well. In the article by Andrew Hutchinson on Socialmediatoday.com (link here) he mentions that people don't have to follow accounts in order to have them be in a list. This could hurt a brand's or sports team's or TV show's analytics and probably more than it has before. Integrating lists into the main timeline would make it more accessible and easier to use, therefore more people will most likely use it. That in turn would throw an account's analytics more. However, if a user wants to stay up to date on a topic, brand or sports team, I would assume they would follow them to begin with. We'll have to wait and see how this update is perceived by users to know.

Comments

  1. I have not heard of this feature yet but it sounds really neat. It sounds like this feature could benefit something like a twitter chat that we learned about in class. I do love some Bachelor/Bachelorette drama so I would love to figure out how to use this so I can creep easier on Twitter after the shows. Thanks for introducing me to this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts