A Golden Birthday

This weekend I turned 21! September 21st was my birthday, and while I was super excited about this, I also feel that the idea of drinking has quickly lost its spark after being in college for three years. I did however celebrate and decided to spend the day with my friends. We went to the Harvest and Herb Festival, an annual festival that is held in Ada. It's like a street fair, complete with food trucks, a parade and plenty of vendors. I was super excited for this, mainly for the food and dogs that would be there. I got a delicious waffle, which had bananas, Nutella and whipped cream on top, as well as shaved ice.

We also found a baby bird outside our apartment. She had fallen from the nest into the parking lot and had been moved to the sidewalk to avoid being run over. Luckily, she is old enough to be out of the nest and has started to fly a little. While she still has a long way until she is in the air, she is making good progress. She was incredibly cute and sweet. 

Other festivities for the day included grocery shopping, going to El Campo for dinner, hanging out with friends at our apartments and of course going to the bars. I was not exactly impressed by the bars here in Ada, despite only going to The Cask Room and Tavern 101. The Cask Room was nice and felt very sophisticated, and Tavern was the complete opposite. Either way, it was a fun night. Thankfully I woke up feeling fine, since I had to work two shifts on Sunday.


Here are some pictures of the day, including the flowers that my grandparents had sent me and the baby bird.





Comments

  1. Jessica,
    First things first, Happy Birthday! I'm glad you did what you felt was right for you and still had a great time! It's important to remember that everyone is into different things, and you not wanting to go crazy on your 21st is totally okay! Hopefully everyone else in your friend group agreed, and it looks like you had a fun birthday no matter what. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts