Thoughts on Being Bold

Part of this week's readings covered Chapters 3 and 4 of "The Art of Social Media" by Guy Kawasaki. I love the advice Kawasaki is giving in Chapter 3. Specifically, the tip to be bold. Kawasaki says, "My theory is that if you're not pissing people off on social media, you're not using it right." This made me laugh. The thing I hate most about people on the internet is that they think everything has to fit what they believe and what they want to see, and if it does against that then they get upset. the easiest solution is to keep scrolling, unfollow or unsubscribe to specific people the internet is a vast place this plenty of room for discussion on certain topics and the ability to agree to disagree and move on. I completely agree with what Kawasaki is saying; individuals should post their opinions and so should companies. While companies do need to be more aware of what they post, they have morals that are a part of their brand identity. The posts they make should back those morals.

Besides this suggestion of aggressive posting, I enjoyed the other tips given throughout this chapter and want to try implementing some in my blog. One I will for sure be trying is uploading a visual element with each post and posting near the top of the hour. Likewise, I want to take these tips into account for my personal social media posts, specifically Instagram since that is where I post the most. It should be a fun experience.

Side-note: I forgot to comment on this last week, but Guy Kawasaki works for Canva, which he noted in this chapter. Canva is great for graphic design beginners. Personally, I use Canva for simple designs or drafts when I don't feel like using Photoshop, Indesign, or Illustrator. For final products I will use an Adobe program because I find the quality is better, but it's nice to have a general idea of how I want something laid out before jumping into it. I'm mentioning this because I find it ironic that I am now reading a book by him.

Comments

Popular Posts