Socializing Events

Chapter 7 in "The Art of Social Media" is about "How to Socialize Events", or how to use social media during your events. I feel like this definitely dates this book because it's a lot more common to use social media during events now. At least I think that it's much more common now. Nonetheless, Kawasaki gives great points throughout this chapter. I like the ideas to use hashtags and also live stream the event. Using hashtags is a great way to get exposure for certain events or to keep everyone in the loop for one specific event. When my sister was planning her wedding this past summer, we spent forever thinking of a hashtag so everyone could keep up with what was going on. We finally settled on #Jillywilly because my sister's name is Jillian and her (now) husband's name is William. It was a cute and fun way to share progress and to share pictures of the wedding afterwards. I also think the idea of live streaming events is nice for those who can't physically make it to an event. It's even better if it's a free live stream, not that they all are.

I also read Chapter 8, but I have never used Google hangout, so I don't have too much of an opinion on this. I also feel like it's not a popular form of video chat, but maybe I'm wrong and more people use it than I think. I would love to see an updated version of this book that possibly includes other social media platforms that have become bigger in the last five years, like Instagram and Snapchat. 

Comments

Popular Posts