Thankful for a Break

This past week at Ohio Northern University was Thanksgiving break, which for many people was much needed. I went home to Mount Vernon for the week. I got to spend time with my family, and I also worked at my old job from high school because the bosses are super nice and let me back during the breaks. Mount Vernon doesn't really have a lot to do, it's kind of like Ada but bigger. I did get to go shopping with my friend Jacob who lives in Millersburg the first Sunday I was home. I don't get to see him often because he is usually so far away from me, so it was nice to be able to hang out with him. I don't have many friends in Mount Vernon anymore, a lot of them moved away or we just don't talk anymore. The ones that I am friends with go to ONU, so I see them all the time and while I love them, I also didn't want to hear anything about ONU while I was on break. It was nice to not be surrounded by a bunch of people 24/7 like I am at ONU. It's always a much different feeling being home in Mount Vernon than being in Ada. It probably has to do with school and being in Ada makes me feel stressed whereas Mount Vernon no longer does that to me. I will admit that I am less bored in Ada because of my friends who go to ONU. Mount Vernon gets increasingly more boring every time I go back.

The best part of break was, of course, Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is honestly one of my least favorite holidays just because all you do is eat, and while I love food, I also love doing things and playing games and going out. This Thanksgiving my family has a small gathering. I'm vegetarian so I don't eat about 50% of the food that my family makes for the celebration, but I did make some great vegetarian chili and cornbread for anyone who wanted it. Which was mostly me. On top of that there were mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing (vegetarian and regular), rolls, and of course turkey. Typically, I eat quite a bit on Thanksgiving, but this year I feel like I ate a fraction of what I normally would. I don't why either, maybe that is what happens when you start getting older. I hope everyone else had wonderful Thanksgiving! Now on to the real festivities; Christmas time!

Comments

  1. Being home is way different a couple years out of high school. I only talk to two of my friends from high school and stopped talking to everyone else once I graduated. I finally was able to do the thing where people went out to the bars the night before Thanksgiving and I was able to talk to a couple people from high school but I don't see myself talking to them again until next Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts