Overview of Social Media Principles

This is my last blog of the semester, so what better way than to do an overview of the class that started it all- social media principles. This class was interesting, and I did not think I would be doing a whole blog for it. I also learned a lot about social media that I didn't know prior to the class. I think the assignments clarified the whole social media process. My favorite assignments were probably the podcast, live tweet assignment and paid media assignment. I think those utilize more of my personal skills than the others, which explains why I enjoyed them more. I really enjoyed the first book, "The Art of Social Media", we read. The second book, "Social Media for Strategic Communication", was more informative in my opinion, but was also very text bookish. I may have had some high school flashbacks with that one. Both the books served different purposed, but overall were good choices for the content of the class. I did enjoy the fact that there were slides with the second book during class because I think it helped to get the main points of each chapter across a lot better. This class is front-loaded, which we were warned about beforehand, but it makes it nice for the last few weeks when everything is hitting the fan in all your other classes. It is a lot less stressful than having to worry about another exam/project that needs to be done. I would say that I would rather take a class that is front loaded than one that is back loaded. Overall, this class was enjoyable, and I would recommend it to anyone who may be interested in learning how to work with social media properly.

Comments

Popular Posts