Measurement and Evaluation

We are now on Chapter 10 of "Social Media for Strategic Communication" which is all about measurement, evaluation, budget and calendar for social media. This chapter has a lot of technical terms in it as well as a lot of graphs and tables. There's a lot of different terms in this chapter that I certainly did not know beforehand. I did not know what the importance of media strategy was or that there are different outcomes to take into consideration. The three different outcomes are cognitive, attitudinal, and conative. Cognitive deals with the exposure of the message and knowledge that is received from it by the audience, attitudinal deals with the emotional connection made based on the content and conative deal with the online and offline behaviors that are result of the content. This is a good chapter to look at for budget too because it has all the metrics people should be looking at in a chart that is easy to comprehend. I was expecting the chapter to discuss calendar a little more, and I know it is integrated into the other categories of the chapter, but I feel like there could have been more discussed with it. I can't remember if content calendars have been discussed (I feel like Chapter 9 covered them a little), but I think that content calendars would have fit nicely into the content of this chapter too. That's all I really have for this chapter. I feel like while the chapter covered more technical topics, it wasn't hard to understand because of all the charts/tables and it was short compared to other chapters... That or maybe it's just because I am dying of sickness right now and I just can't think about anything else to write on this chapter. Anyways, only a few chapters until the end of the book and honestly, I can't believe it's almost over just like this year is almost over. That's a revelation for another blog though.

Comments

Popular Posts