All About Content

Chapter 9 in "Social Media for Strategic Community" is all about creating, managing, and curating content. I think this might be the most helpful chapter thus far for those who are not necessarily just posting for a brand or company. Within this chapter there are many helpful tips. One of the most helpful things I found in this chapter is the table which provides readers with tools to create content for different mediums, whether written, audio, visual etc. Which is helpful, especially if you're new to creating content and need an easier program to start out with. I also like that the author includes different types of content media, which I never knew there were more than owned and paid media. I'm glad that earned and shared media are included in this chapter. I wish I had read this chapter sooner because it would have been extremely helpful with some of the things I worked on earlier in my college career. Curating/creating content is one of the hardest parts of social media. When I was working on the Edon campaign as a freshman, I had to rack my brain for content ideas. It also depends on the client and specificity of the content you will be posting that can make creating and curating content more difficult. Then if the content you do create or curate ends up flopping, you must backtrack and try to create/curate something else that won't flop. I feel like everyone who does social media work should read this chapter or get a book that really breaks this stuff down because it can be difficult to come up with content for a page.

Comments

Popular Posts