Having a Quarter Life Crisis

So, I think I'm having a quarter life crisis. I dyed my hair periwinkle, and I'm planning to get my nose pierced sometime soon too. I honestly think the only reason I am doing this is to have a sense of control over something and the fact that I am truly stressed right now that I need to change something. Being in the eighth week of the semester, things are getting heavy in terms of assignment and due dates. The fact that it is almost October is crazy. Time feels like it's flying by so quickly, and I honestly feel like I don't have enough time to get everything done. I work two jobs (usually in the morning and at night) and am taking four classes including 3 of which include client work. I feel extremely overwhelmed. I think this weekend is going to be a major work weekend and I'm just going to lock myself in my room and try to get as much done as possible. I've definitely spread myself too thin this semester, but at least I'll know for next semester.

Last weekend I went to Sycamore Lake Winery with my sister and one of my roommates. It was super nice and plenty big for social distancing. I think it's probably the last time I will have a fun weekend for the semester because I plan to really dive into my work and get things done. I am super nervous about the end of the semester and how it will go. I'm ready for a break, so part of me also cannot wait. I'm unsure if I should be excited or not. 

Comments

  1. I feel this so much. Whenever my life is spiraling, I feel like I need to make a drastic change, whether it be new piercings or tattoos. Also, I've always wanted to dye my hair purple, so I definitely feel a crisis coming on that will finally convince me to go through with it. It's so hard not having any breaks this semester - I feel like everyone is getting burned out. I also don't know how I feel about winter break. I'm excited to have a break from school, but will miss my friends at ONU. Also, I will miss my freedom - I am not looking forward to living at home with my parents for two months. I want to find another job or internship to help pass the time, but worry that would present myself from actually using the break to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go off for being so hard working! I feel REALLY stressed at this point in the semester too... it doesn't seem like there's time to get everything done. However, your periwinkle hair looks SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts