Breweries, Wineries, and a Cake

This past Monday was my birthday (yes, September 21 like the song), so in luau I went home this weekend to spend some time with my parents. I hadn't been back since July, so it was long overdue. I had a wonderful time being back home with them and we went to a brewery in Mansfield called Phoenix Brewery. Normally I'm not a huge fan of beer, and it's definitely not the first thing I go for, but they had a pretty decent selection of drinks including beer, ciders, cocktails, and wines. I ended up getting a raspberry wheat ale and a peach cider. I enjoyed the peach cider a lot more than the raspberry wheat ale. This was also the first time I have been to a brewery since COVID-19 began, so that was nice. 

When I finally came back on Sunday, my best friend and roommate surprised me with a cake. Not just any cake. She literally baked me a cake. From scratch. Below is a picture, just ignore the wooden letters in the corner. I have never had anyone bake me a cake before (other than my grandmother), so I was very surprised. It tastes just as good as it looks too, don't worry. She told me that her father saw it after she had done the lettering and thought it said "virgin queen" not "Virgo queen". That made me laugh.

 

To say the least the last few days have been really good, and hopefully things continue to get better. This weekend my sister will be coming up to visit and we are planning to go to Sycamore Lake, which is winery near Columbus Grove. I have never been to a winery before, so I'm really excited. The pictures of it look gorgeous. Both my roommates were supposed to come with us, but unfortunately only one could because the other is taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) on Saturday. I am wishing her the best of luck and might bring back a bottle of wine for after she takes the test, she may need it. 



Comments

Popular Posts