Let's Talk: Mental Health Check-In

I wrote a long post for this, and then I deleted it all. If that is not the best example of me overthinking everything I do, I don't know what would be. The thing about mental health is that talking about it is so taboo. It shouldn't be, but it is. This is mental health check-in for anyone who is reading. Take a minute and assess, how are you truly doing? Do you feel good? What are you stressed about? Is there something in your life that is bothering you? Have you eaten today? Have you drunk enough water, Showered? Talk your roommate(s), talk to your friends, your mom or dad. Talk about anything, or everything. Check in with them too and maybe let them know how you're feeling.

I would love to demolish the stigma around mental health. I think it is ridiculous that we should all have to act like we are doing good all the time. As humans we feel a lot of different emotions. We should be able to talk freely about them and any other issues we are having or struggling with. I would love to talk freely on my own social media channels and in person about my mental health without feeling like I am attention-seeking. We are in the middle of a pandemic, which certainly doesn't help with anyone's mental health state. It's weird to live in a time where there is a pandemic and yet everyone is still expected to be okay. So, make sure to be checking in with yourself and others because now is when it matters most. 


Comments

Popular Posts