So it Begins. . .

As of Friday, August 23rd, I officially moved onto campus to start my junior year at Ohio Northern University. This year I am living in University Terrace apartments on campus with three of my friends. I expect it to be an interesting year, to say the least. I am equally as excited as I am nervous for this semester. I have officially attended all my classes for the first time. As a graphic design major, the majority of classes I am enrolled in are art classes; however, I am also a double minor in social media and public relations, so I do have a couple classes that are not art based. It's a nice change of pace for me, considering my art classes are heavily project based. While I love my major and the work I do, having something to break up that routine is nice. I'm enjoying the diversity in my schedule so far.

This semester is my first as a supervisor for my on-campus job. I work for the student calling center on campus. We call alumni, friends, and family of the university to maintain connections as well as raise funds for the university, at least that's the overall idea of it. We don't start calling for a couple weeks yet, but I'm excited to get to meet the new employees as well as talk to alumni and help with the upcoming alumni events. This position will be a learning experience for me, but I'm glad to be able to build my leadership skills before heading into the real world.

Here's to hoping this semester is a good one, and that my four-year-plan is still on track once it is over.

Comments

  1. Jessica,
    Welcome back to Ada for your junior year! I know time is flying, and soon enough it'll be May 2021 and we will be graduating. I respect your job at the call center so much, considering whenever I have to call someone for admissions I have such bad anxiety talking to the stranger on the other end. I hope you have a great junior year and enjoy your promotion on campus!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts