Diving into "The Art of Social Media"


I began reading "The Art of Social Media" by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick Tuesday night after spending hours thinking about how I was going to make it through this semester. Coincidentally this book has already helped me to feel less stressed about the upcoming weeks. Within the first two chapters the tips and tricks given are life savers. Chapter 1 is great for those who are brand new to social media, something I could have my grandparents read and they would thoroughly understand and probably have better functioning social media than I do myself. Chapter 2 is what I am all about, however. I love that Kawasaki is leaving great tips for those who are specifically trying to run blogs or get better exposure through multiple different platforms. My favorite tip out of this chapter is to use Alltop as a way to curate posts. This is going to vastly help my ability to make posts throughout this semester.

While reading these  two chapters I noticed something that I have not noticed in other books, and that is the way that certain phrases are underlined or how he writes "here is my personalized Alltop collection of sites" as though it is a link to a page that the reader can click on. I am wondering if the book was originally digital; however, to my findings it does not seem like it originally was. Now I am just curious to find out if someone purchases a digital copy if these are actual links that will take you to these pages. That would be incredibly insightful and great tool for others. I'm intrigued to see what other helpful knowledge I will gain from this book that could help my blogging skills as the semester progresses.

Comments

Popular Posts